What We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
The Personal Data that you directly provide to us include the following:
- Account information – To create an account, you must provide a username, password, email, and industry role. Your may also provide your first and last name, nickname, website, and biographical information. Your username and industry role are public. We also store your user account preferences and settings, if any. Information about your account activity is public, such as when you created an account with us, and when you were last active.
- Content you contribute – We collect the content you submit to the Services, such as your posts and comments including saved drafts, messages with other users, and your other communications us. Your content may include text, links, images, gifs, and videos.
- Actions you take – We collect information about the actions you take when using the Services, such as your interactions with content, other users, and communities.
- Other information – You may choose to provide other information directly to us, such as when you fill out a form, participate in a survey, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
Information We Collect Automatically
We may automatically collect information about you when you access or use our Services. This includes the following:
- Log and usage data – We may log information when you access or use our Services, such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, user-agent string, referrals URLs, device information, lins clicked, pages visited, the requested URL, search terms and hardware settings.
- Information collected from cookies and similar technologies – We may receive information from cookies and similar technologies.
- Location information – We may receive and process information about your location.
Information Collected from Other Sources
We may receive and process information about you from other sources, such as from other users and third parties. We may also receive information about you, including log and usage data and cookie information, from third-party websites that integrate our SErvices, including our embeds, buttons and advertising technology.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information to:
- Provide, maintain and improve the Services;
- Provide customer services;
- Research and develop new services;
- Help protect the safety of Taxnexus and its users, including blocking suspected spammers, addressing abuse and enforcing our terms of service and policies;
- Send users technical notices, updates, security alerts, and other support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, information and news;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services.
How Your Information is Shared
We do not share, sell or give away your personal information to third-parties unless for one of the following reasons:
- Our Partners – We may share information with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to your information to carry our work for us.
- Compliance with the Law – We may share information in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. To the extent the law allows it, we will attempt to provide you with prior notice before disclosing your information in response to such a request.
- Emergency – We may share information if we believe it is necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person.
- Enforcement of our Policies and Rights – We may share information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our Terms of Services and other policies, and to protect the rights, property and safety of ourselves and others.
- Aggregated or De-identified Information – We may share information about you that has been aggregated or anonymized such that it cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Deleting Your Account
You may delete your account information at any time. When you do so, your profile is no longer visible to other users. However, the posts, comments and messages you submitted prior to deleting your account will still be visible to others unless you first delete the specific content. We may also retain certain information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes after you delete your account.
We take measures to help protect information about from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.