Taxnexus, Inc. is a fintech startup based in Berkeley, CA. We are looking for engineers to take on the challenge of developing a new category of financial services — Tax Compliance as a Service.
Using modern cloud technologies Taxnexus will challenge the traditional ways that business of all sizes will meet the increasingly complex challenges of paying sales and speciality taxes, starting with Cannabis Taxes.
We are looking for a tech lead to join a small team rapidly creating new software products that use artful frontends to power massive backends. You will drive the direction of an early-stage product, taking it from idea to launch and owning the problem you’re trying to solve. As part of Taxnexus, you’ll be surrounded by world-class IT leaders who are experts at building large, usable systems that deliver results.
The foundation of the Taxnexus tech stack is Salesforce. All of the business logic and persistent storage is done with Salesforce, as well as customer and partner websites. To deliver Taxnexus API we use serverless technology to efficiently work with Salesforce, and we build PWAs to deliver our solution on the web to thousands of users.
You’re the right person for this job if you love to work on small, autonomous teams to create new things from scratch, take pride in the quality of the user experiences that you create, and are comfortable working in any part of the stack.
CHALLENGES and OPPORTUNITIES:
- Architect and implement a new transaction network that will process billions of dollars of cannabis transactions
- Keep technical debt low establishing sound practices for ensuring code reviews, high test coverage, and documentation
- Work closely with experienced developers who love discussing databases and APIs
- Collaborate with non-engineering teammates to solve difficult practical problems
- Partner with Founders and Product Lead to set and manage expectations in delivering high quality technology at a fast pace
- Gain exposure to all parts of the venture capital, private equity, and startup ecosystems
- Recruit other talented engineers as we continue to grow
- Own a part of the equity in the company you’d help build
- Have fun and learn with our incredible team
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the day-to-day work of the development team. Track all workflow using management tools.
- Supervise the Git repositories and manage Continuous Integration
- Manage remote teams
- Engage with key customer stakeholders to understand desired business outcomes and define success criteria
- Contribute to every phase of the project lifecycle, including development, testing, deployment, and supporting
- Align internal IT strategy and planning with application development and business roadmaps designed to maintain a Connected Enterprise design pattern
- Create detailed solution & technical architecture diagrams, data models, mockups and process maps that supports solutions as required to demonstrate and ensure business alignment with proposals
- Responsible for the end to end solution design and technical implementation within the scope of a business applications projects
- Experience with Salesforce platform, including Lightning Platform for developers and Salesforce Admin skills
- Experience with commercial software product life cycles
- Demonstrates significant expertise in specific coding concepts and/or languages
- Evaluates program modules for performance scalability and openness of design
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced developers
- Reviews and/or certifies code of others
- Predicts application development requirements based on changes in underlying architecture
- Develops programming guidelines/standards and makes them accessible to other programmers
- Knowledge of Docker and cloud technologies
- Understanding of DNS, firewalls, load balances, RDBMs, LDAP, file transfer
- Demonstrable experience building robust infrastructure
- a 4-year undergraduate degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field
- 3+ years of experience as an Individual Contributor as a full-stack engineer, systems/data architect, or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience as a Team Lead, Engineering Manager, or equivalent at an emerging technology company
- Fluency in DevOps to Front-End and everything in between
- Experience with best practices surrounding web security, version control, cloud-based computing, and source code control.
- Familiarity with employing creative uses of state of the art technology solutions to enhance business processes
- Strong grasp of trade-offs involved in making architectural decisions (service-level APIs, web frameworks, etc.)
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field or comparable industry experience required
- Certifications and certificates in continuing education
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive; additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
Taxnexus, Inc. is not currently accepting resumes from agencies for this position. If you are a recruiter, search firm, or employment agency, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if Taxnexus hires the candidate.
Taxnexus, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability (mental and physical), sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, family leave status, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state and local law. Our company’s equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, without limitation, recruitment, employment, assignment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations.