Taxnexus, Inc. is a fintech startup based in Berkeley, CA. We are looking for engineers to take on the challenge of developing a new category of financial services — Tax Compliance as a Service.
Using modern cloud technologies Taxnexus will challenge the traditional ways that business of all sizes will meet the increasingly complex challenges of paying sales and speciality taxes, starting with Cannabis Taxes.
A key part of the Taxnexus architecture is our application server. This is where the rubber meets the road in terms of service delivery and performance. Our backend is Salesforce, so we need to carefully consume the Salesforce API and keep our ducks in a row with distributed architectures and federation.
The Taxnexus Middleware Developer will lead a new implementation of Taxnexus API in a Platform as a Service environment at Carrier scale. This new team member will be in charge of selecting and leveraging the best PaaS vendor for the job.
CHALLENGES and OPPORTUNITIES:
- Architect and implement a new transaction network that will process billions of dollars of cannabis transactions
- Keep technical debt low establishing sound practices for ensuring code reviews, high test coverage, and documentation
- Work closely with experienced developers who love discussing databases and APIs
- Collaborate with non-engineering teammates to solve difficult practical problems
- Partner with Founders and Product Lead to set and manage expectations in delivering high quality technology at a fast pace
- Gain exposure to all parts of the venture capital, private equity, and startup ecosystems
- Recruit other talented engineers as we continue to grow
- Own a part of the equity in the company you’d help build
- Have fun and learn with our incredible team
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and develop the Taxnexus App Server based on the existing API definition and PHP implementation
- Engage with key customer stakeholders to understand desired business outcomes and define success criteria
- Contribute to every phase of the project lifecycle, including development, testing, deployment, and supporting
- Align internal IT strategy and planning with application development and business roadmaps designed to maintain a Connected Enterprise design pattern
- Create detailed solution & technical architecture diagrams, data models, mockups and process maps that supports solutions as required to demonstrate and ensure business alignment with proposals
- Responsible for the end to end solution design and technical implementation within the scope of a business applications projects
- 3+ Years’ experience with Architectural standards and SOA technologies
- Experience with commercial software product life cycles
- 3+ years GraphQL, RESTful, SOAP, Serverless or MQ Services experience using a mix of the following: AWS Lambda, GCP Cloud Endpoints, Java, J2EE, JSON, WSDL, XSD, XSL, XML, ESQL, and Spring
- Understanding of DNS, firewalls, load balances, RDBMs, LDAP, file transfer
- Knowledge of Docker and cloud technologies
- Experience in MQ or other messaging technologies.
- Experience in WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Liberty Server a plus
- Develops and maintains a deep understanding of applications. Reviews and validates new application solutions; Align application functionality with business requirements and strategy; Anticipates issues and challenges affecting application functionality.
- Ability to develop functional, technical and user interface designs for an application that meets the defined requirements (business, system performance and standards)
- Demonstrates significant expertise in specific coding concepts and/or languages – Evaluates program modules for performance scalability and openness of design – Provides technical guidance to less experienced developers – Reviews and/or certifies code of others – Predicts application development requirements based on changes in underlying architecture – Develops programming guidelines/standards and makes them accessible to other programmers
- Experience working in a Middleware environment developing Services and APIs required
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field or comparable industry experience required
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.
The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive; additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
Taxnexus, Inc. is not currently accepting resumes from agencies for this position. If you are a recruiter, search firm, or employment agency, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if Taxnexus hires the candidate.
Taxnexus, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability (mental and physical), sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, family leave status, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state and local law. Our company’s equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, without limitation, recruitment, employment, assignment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations.